BALLGAME BAFFLERS BY BRIAN
Here are five ballgame bafflers for your consideration. The first person to email the most correct answers to firstname.lastname@example.org will win a prize. Have fun!
1. Which charter member of the Atlantic Coast Conference won the very first ACC Tournament in 1954?
2. Where is NCAA basketball’s annual Holiday Festival traditionally played?
3. What women’s college basketball coach is only second to UCLA’s John Wooden with six NCAA National Titles?
4. What was the first Division-I school to lose the N.C.A.A. basketball title game in two consecutive seasons?
5. What women’s basketball great and former WNBA player was the 1st woman to be a Harlem Globetrotter?
Last Month’s Answers:
1. What are the two NFL home teams who traditionally play every Thanksgiving? (Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys)
2. Who holds the NFL record for the most rushing yards in a Thanksgiving Day game? (O.J. Simpson, Buffalo Bills, 1976, 273 yards)
3. Which two NFL teams have had the most matchups in Thanksgiving Day games? (Chicago Bars and Detroit Lions have met 19 times on Thanksgiving Day)
4. What two teams hold the NFL record for most points scored combined in a Thanksgiving Day game? (Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions, 84 points in 1986)
5. Who holds the NFL record for most receiving touchdowns in a Thanksgiving Day game? (Sterling Sharpe had four touchdowns for the Green Bay Packers in 1994)
There was no winner last month.