BALLGAME BAFFLERS BY BRIAN
Here are five ballgame bafflers for your consideration. The first person to email the most correct answers to email@example.com will win a prize. Have fun!
1. How many goals did Wayne Gretzky Score in his National Hockey League career?
2. What National Hockey League team has won the most Stanley Cup championships?
3. How Many Canadian cities have had NHL franchises at one time or another?
4. What two teams played in the first Winter Classic Game?
5. Which NHL team won four straight Stanley Cups in the early 1980s?
Last week’s answers:
1. The longest game ever played in the National Football League was played on Christmas Day in 1971. Who were the teams and who won? The Kansas City Chiefs hosted the Miami Dolphins in a Divisional Game which the Dolphins won, 27-24, in double overtime after 82 minutes and 40 seconds of play.
2. Who was the only National Basketball Association player to ever score 100 points in a single game? Wilt Chamberlain (against the NY Knicks on March 2, 1962)
3. In what year did the N.B.A. season start on Christmas Day due to a lockout? 2011
4. What two teams played in the first regular season NFL Christmas Day game? The Cincinnati Bengals played the Vikings in Minnesota in 1989.
5. Only two players in NBA history have missed 5,000 or more free throws, and one achieved the milestone on Christmas Day in 2008. Who are they? Wilt Chamberlain and Shaquille O’Neal.
Bonus: What NBA player scored 60 points in a game on Christmas Day in 1984, but his team still lost? Bernard King of the NY Knicks, who lost that game to the Nets 120-114.
We did not have a winner last month.