BALLGAME BAFFLERS BY BRIAN
Here are five ballgame bafflers for your consideration. The first person to email the most correct answers to firstname.lastname@example.org will win a prize. Have fun!
World Series Trivia:
1. What player hit 3 home runs for the Yankees in game 6 of the 1977 World Series?
2. What player hit the grounder to first base that went through Bill Bruckner’s legs to give the Mets a win over the Red Sox in Game 6 of 1986 World Series to tie the Series 3-3?
3. Who is the only pitcher to pitch a perfect game in the World Series?
4. What team has won the most World Series titles?
5. What team has won the most World Series titles for the National League?
Last Month’s Answers:
1. What player scored the most touchdowns in the opening game of an NFL or AFL season? Abner Haynes of the Dallas Texans, Ahmad Rashad of the Minnesota Vikings, Earnest Grey of the New York Giants, Thurman Thomas of the Buffalo Bills, and Emmitt Smith of the Dallas Cowboys have each scored four touchdowns in a season opener.
2. What expansion team won their very first game in 2002 against the Dallas Cowboys? The Houston Texans.
3. What quarterback had the most passing yards in a pro football season opener? Dan Marino, 473 yards in 1994.
4. What NFL team went winless for 26 games over two seasons? Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1976 and 1977.
5. In what year did the National Football League officially start play? 1920.
There was no winner last month.