BALLGAME BAFFLERS BY BRIAN
Here are five ballgame bafflers for your consideration. The first person to email the most correct answers to firstname.lastname@example.org will win a prize. Have fun!
1. The longest game ever played in the National Football League was played on Christmas Day in 1971. Who were the teams and who won?
2. Who was the only National Basketball Association player to ever score 100 points in a single game?
3. In what year did the N.B.A. season start on Christmas Day due to a lockout?
4. What two teams played in the first regular season NFL Christmas Day game?
5. Only two players in NBA history have missed 5,000 or more free throws, and one did it on Christmas Day in 2008. Who are they?
Bonus: What NBA player scored 60 points in a game on Christmas Day in 1984, but his team still lost?
Last week’s answers:
1.What year was pro football’s very first “super bowl,” and who won the game?
The Green Bay Packers beat the Kansas City Chiefs 35-10 on January 15, 1967.
2. Who holds the NFL record of 55 touchdown passes in a single season?
Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos in 2013.
3. What NFL team moved to St. Louis from Los Angeles after the 1994 season, and moved from St. Louis back to Los Angeles after the 2015 season? The Rams.
4. What is the name of the NFL team that plays in New York? The Buffalo Bills.
5. In what year did the Jets win their only Super Bowl? 1969.
Bonus: What pro football championship quarterback had a son who was also an NFL quarterback? Jack Kemp (his son is Jeff Kemp.)
We did not have a winner last month.