BALLGAME BAFFLERS BY BRIAN
Here are five ballgame bafflers for your consideration. The first person to email the most correct answers to email@example.com will win a prize. Have fun!
1. In what year did all professional and college sports get suspended in March due to the COVID pandemic?
2. Where has the end-of-season Big East basketball tournament been played annually since 1983?
3. Who is the only team to win five games in five days at the Big East men’s basketball tournament?
4. What is the highest scoring game in NCAA basketball tournament history?
5. What college compiled the longest winning streak in women’s basketball history?
1. Only one person has ever won an individual gold medal in both the Winter and Summer Olympics. Who was it? (Figure skater Gillis Grafstrom of Sweden. Eddie Eagan of the USA won a boxing gold in 1920 and was a member of the gold medal winning bobsled team in 1932.)
2. In what year(s) did the USA win a gold medal in men’s hockey at the Winter Olympics? (1960, 1980)
3. What year(s) did Lake Placid, NY play host to the Winter Olympics? (1932, 1980)
4. Who was the youngest person ever to win an individual gold medal in the Winter Olympics? (Tara Lipinski, USA, figure skating, 15 years, 255 days)
5. What Winter Olympic sport is made up of skiing and target shooting? (The biathlon)
Ruth Huggler of Youngsville was last month’s winner.